Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Can FaceBook be my one-stop for .... everything online?

Mike Arrington's post on FB's inefficient messaging got me thinking a tad:

Personal communication and collaboration is becoming increasingly time-consuming. When I say this, I don't mean historically. From the past, we're definitely saving time by leaps and bounds. I mean this, in terms of our patience-levels online. Logging onto email, chat (Maybe not if you have gmail), one (or many) social networking site(s), a photo-sharing site, a blog (or many!) another semi-social site that lets me display my status (twitter, linkedin, spock) is just TOO much work.

I'd like it all put together. Facebook does a mighty good job of engaging its members on the social networking, photo-sharing, status-displaying front. It does not delight me with it's email service and does not let me blog.

Now, if only it would build on those (am I missing anything?) I'm guessing I wouldn't need to login to a gazillion services. I wouldn't need to change tabs.

Hmm, that would make me very happy.


No comments: